Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

"I Stood by Your Bed"



~I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep;
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined this to you softly, As you brushed away a Tear;
"It's me, I haven't left you; I'm well, I'm fine- I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea;
You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shoppes, today, Your arms were getting sore;
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care;
I want to reassure you, That I'm not lying there.  

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for the key;
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said, "It's me."

You looked so very tired, And sank into the chair;
I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be near you everyday;
To say to you with certainty-"I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled; I think you knew;
That in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over...I smile and watch you yawning;
And say, "Good night, God Bless- I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right, For you to cross the Brief Divide;
I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand Side-by-Side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for You to see;
Be patient, live your Journey out... Then come Home to be with me.


~Unknown

~Beannaichte'
10 August, 2013

@beannaichte.twitter.com 
  
    

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, I am honored for you and your friendship. Thank you for this! I am truly grateful!!! Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Osiyo Redwolf.

    It is good to read your words. S'gi, dear friend. ~S'gi!

    ~Beannaichte'!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete