Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Know Who I Am"

I cried out to God
Show Me Your Face
and God
sent me a Child
I learned about Surrender
As I gave way to the surges of birthing energy
I learned Compassion
As my little one's cry pierced my heart
I learned Powerlessness
as I laid awake with my inconsolable infant
I learned Faithfulness
Rocking my feverish baby day and night waiting
for the healing,
I found Patience
As my child asked me to do it again
just one more time
I learned Fierceness in love
That could take me to death to defend 
my sweet child
I learned Tolerance
Accepting myself enough to love my child 
in a fit of tantrum,
I learned Kindness
As my tears were kissed away by tiny lips
I learned Respect
As I wondered at the profound wisdom
of one so small,
I learned Humility
Seeing the Divine in the eyes of my Child
God Answered My Cry
Know Who I Am
As You Love Your Child
So It is That I Love You.

~Susan Marie Doyle c.1994
                                                                                                   ~Beannaichte' (1-8-12)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment