Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Miss Sadie"

Sadie Diggs
was born on 2 October, 1908
in Lexington, Tennessee.
`I am 100 years old.
`I was young and now I am old...
But I have never seen good people
or their children begging for food.'
(Psalms 37:25)
`We worry.
'We worry about the IRS,
and the SAT, and the FBI.
`We worry that we won't have enough
money, and when we have enough money, 
we worry that we won't manage it well.
`We worry that the world will end
before the parking meter expires.
`We worry what the dog thinks when
we step out of the shower.
`We worry that someday we'll learn that
fat-free yogurt was fattening.
`Honestly, now, did God save you so
you would fret?
`Would He teach you to walk
just to watch you fall?
`Would He be nailed to the Cross for your sins and then
disregard your prayers?
`He has put His angels in charge,
so young people, stay with God.
`Treat everyone right and 
love your enemies.
`I have had a good life...
Thank God.'
From Sadie.

~Beannaichte'
(6-5-12) 

~This is the actual wording of Miss Sadie's obituary, written by her, preceding her death.  It was published in our newspaper, though she lived many miles, away.  I would have liked to have known her. I believe she possessed a simple faith and much wisdom, along with a good dose of common sense. ~We Remember, Sadie Diggs...We Remember.

 <<<+>>>

~In Loving Memory of Kylie Sheldahl~ Sweet Angel~ We Remember...We Remember. 


~Karen, I wish you every good thing, on this your `Special Day', and always.~ Happy Birthday!
~I Love You!  ~Beannaichte'! 6 June, 2012 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment