Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Ode to Eddie"

30 October, 2011

      Last month, I lost a very dear friend.  Though we never met in person, we shared a true friendship, through music and writing.  I sent him a Native American Prayer, which he truly enjoyed.  I intended on sending yet another one, but his untimely death preceded  my doing so.  Such a sweet man, with a kind and compassionate Spirit. ~ Eddie, this is for you, your family, and your many friends. ~ A special mention to two of his closest friends, Marianne and Ron.  I hope this prayer will bring comfort, and healing, to all who knew and loved this Special man .~ A man with such a huge heart, and generous Spirit.

 Always,

 An Irish Lady,
~ Beannaichte'

 I give you this one thought to keep ~
I am with you still,
I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow;
I am the sunshine on ripened grain,
I am the gentle Autumn rain.

When you awaken
in the morning's hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars
that shine at night.

Do not think of me as gone ~
I am with you still,
In each new dawn.

~ Native American Prayer
 

beannaichte@twitter,com

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alicia,
    I read the beautiful prayer to Eddie as I sat near the calming waters of the lake.~His voice answered in the soft rippling of the waves against the dock and his beautiful smile poured down in a ray of sunshine~ warming my heart once again..A gently breeze had erased most of the soft, fleecy clouds, leaving the sky clear blue for Eddie's spirit to roam freely, taking my imagination in flight..♥ Thank you so much for your sweet kindness Alicia and the mention of our names...you are very special..God Bless you and Sharon...My warmest regards to both...Your friend,
    ~Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marianne,
    Thank you, for your kind words. I am sure that Eddie loved the prayer, and was so happy that you read it, to him.~Your words are beautiful, as always! ~Thank you, for thinking of Sharon, as well.
    We Remember...Eddie(Teddie488).
    I remain in Warm Caring,
    Sweet Friend!
    Bhur Cara,
    ~Beannaichte'

    ReplyDelete