Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Merry-Go-Round Child"

Now your love is but a legend,
I would have liked to live on;
You came and left, like Wind-Blown Sand,
Just a legend, everything else is gone.

You sowed in fields of pleasure, 
While I reaped the fields of Pain;
You were happy, when the sun was shining,
I was Sad, when I walked in the rain.

I may never know your harvest,
Smiling with someone else in the sun;
I wonder if she's also gleaning the fields,
A Barren legend;
 where the harvest is none.

It's taken a lot time to realise,
I'm tired of reaping these same olde fields;
Where the harvest is nothing
 but Wind-Blown Sand,
And a Wounded legend;
 only time can heal.

You see, you are like Wind-Blown Sand,
And I didn't want to admit the sting;
It all seems sort of crazy now,
A Merry-Go -Round Child,
 with a tarnished ring.

If ever you come my way, again,
It's just a Legend that you've left behind;
I'm no longer that Child, of the Merry-Go-Round,
 I don't need tarnished rings
or Wind -Blown Sand.

~ Alicia O'Hara c.
 
~ Beannaichte'
20 January, 2015

@beannaichte.twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment