Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

"Irish Heart"


~It is both my Heart's desire 
and my Heart's breaking...
~Unknown


~ Can he hear what I am saying beneath this tumble of words?

I want to say,
Love me, love me, love me,
Love me in sickness and in health,
Love me whether  I have said the right thing or the wrong thing,
Love me when other men bring me watermelon,
Love me when they don't,
Love me no matter  what any one else thinks or believes about it,

and I will love you,
I will love you no matter  how often you lay about my Soul with knives,
No matter  how hurt you feel inside,
Because you are a man unendingly worth loving,
and  because  it is that,
The submission to one another,
Not  to a god or a law,
That is what matters, 
 
and unless you have that,
It is pointless to stand before God
and 
Promise
it.   

~Unknown

~Beannaichte'
          2 March, 2015      
  

@beannaichte.twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment