Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

"The Invitation"

        ~ It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you Ache for,
and if you dare to Dream of meeting your Heart's Longing.
It doesn't interest me how old you are.
I want to know if you will Risk looking like a fool for Love,
for your Dreams, for the Adventure of being Alive.
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon.
I want to know if you have Touched the Center of your own Sorrow,
if you have been Opened by Life's Betrayals,
or have become shriveled and closed 
from the Fear of  further Pain!
I want to know if you can Sit with Pain,
mine or your own,
Without moving to Hide it or Fade it  or Fix it.
I want to know if you can be with Joy,
mine or your own,
if you can Dance with the Wilderness 
and let the Ecstasy fill you to the tips 
of your Fingertips and Toes
Without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic,
or to remember the Limitations of being Human.
It doesn't interest me if the Story you are telling me is True.
I want to know if you can Disappoint Another
to be True to Yourself;
if you can Bear the Accusation of Betrayal
and Not Betray
Your own Soul .
                                                                 ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer
~Beannaichte'
19 December, 2011 

~To My Forever Friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment