Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

"I Remember... I Remember! "

~To my Mother...I Remember! 
        
In the Spring,
when the first crocus pokes it's head out of the frozen ground
I think of you and I remember...
I remember.


In the Summer,
when the blaring heat wilts the rose petals
and paints unsightly cracks in the ground, 
I think of you and I remember...
I remember.


In the Autumn,
when the trees are ablaze in the glory of Fall
and my shoes make crackling sounds as I walk, 
I think of you and I remember...
I remember.


And in the Winter, when I stand at my window
to watch a blizzard whirl snow around my grief and loneliness
 then, too, I think of you and I remember ...
I remember.


                 ~Joy Johnson
                                                                                                  ~Beannaichte'   (22November, 2011)
  

 

1 comment:

  1. 22 November, 2011
    To our Mother, "Grams";
    ~Happy Birthday, Mom! The years have gone by, so quickly. The feelings of missing your voice, your wonderful laugh, and your presence, will always remain. Yet, we knew it was time for you to make your final Journey, into the waiting arms of Our Lord and Saviour.~One day we will be together, again. ~I know you are still with us, as you left so much of your good, with each one of us, Mom. Thank you!
    We love you!~Happy Birthday...Happy Birthday!
    We Remember...We Remember. ~Beannaichte'

    ReplyDelete