Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"My Sister"

 
~ My sister's first name is Sharon. She is eleven months older, than myself.  We are of Irish Decent. We are Irish Twins.  We look very little alike, but are voices are similar.  So much so, when we were younger, people could not tell us apart, on the telephone.  That always amused me, because I could not find the similarity, until later in life.

My sister is ill with cancer.  This does not amuse me.  I only know that I want her to be well, again.

I am unsure as to the road this illness will take her, as it has been filled with  many twists and turns.  She has navigated the course, with courage, grace, and tremendous strength of Spirit.  I would like to say, I have done the same. Yet, this would be dishonest, as I have not.

Cancer is like many other chronic illnesses.  It can strip you bare.  It spins a wide web, and captures so much in its grasp.  Not unlike a web, it is often difficult to distinguish what it will take, until it has captured what it can snare; so secretly, and quietly.
~ I love my sister.  I hate the disease. Yet, the disease continues to live inside her body.  Each day it is  perhaps taking a little more of her...

~ I will always love my Sister; my Irish Twin!  

Alicia O'Hara

Copyrighted Material;
9 November, 2011

                                                                     ~ Beannaichte'

beannaichte@twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment